Monday, March 19, 2012

What is Imposter Syndrome?

The idea of "imposter syndrome" comes from this post: Imposter Syndrome - which is a from wonderful wonderful blog whether you are a mommy or just a regular person. I am not a mommy yet but I do identify with the idea of Imposter Syndrome

Everyday I am pretending to be something, and I do pretty well considering that I have my boss, my friends and sometimes even my husband convinced that I have a handle on things. This of course is all a clever facade, in reality I have a handle on NOTHING. Not cooking, not cleaning, not writing, and most certainly not getting a teaching job, I just happen to be pretty good at pretending like I know what I am doing.

Hence this blog: Imposter Syndrome - a place for me to flail in peace. As I mentioned lately my facade has been cracking, its getting harder to pretend that I know whats going on and my own incompetence is catching up with me. So I do what I always do when I need to get some perspective, I write. This blog will be a Monday - Friday journal of me trying to get my life together. As such it will include: general bitching, occasional sarcastic comments, a minimum of whining, and stories about how I try to get my life together.

You can expect posts about my ongoing battle not to become my mother in looks (my family has a history of wight issues), not to become my MIL in demeanor (we'll get there), to try to find delicious healthy and easy meals to feed my family without using every dish in my microscopic kitchen, to try to write a cogent and fun to read paranormal novel about aliens and quantum physics, and most importantly to try to find a teaching job so that I can get a house, a dog and a life (not necessarily in that order).

So welcome to breakdown folks! Please keep your hands and feet in the ride at all times and most importantly hold on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment